Recently we commented on the emergence of a bunch of negative words starting with the letter B. Behold an updated list that has moved on and begin with the letter C.
The B List for example comprised of Boris, Bercow, Barnier and of course – Brexit. see more
The C list of nasties – not in any order of magnitude:–
- Ciara the devastating storm that costs £1.6bn of damage and flooding
- Corona virus
- Covid-19 enough said
- Contagion and contagious
- Confinement: lock down, stay at home etc.
- China– self explanatory
- Captains of Industry; most dealing with a crisis way out their depth and experience and handling things – not very well.
- Creeps; profiteers, bank wanting to play dividends with one hand and handle government cash wit.h the other. This is after the bank paid their own very large bonuses thank you very much
- Companies who made staff work in conditions that failed to meet isolation standards, made staff jump overboard, Shanghaied staff to work in “unsafe conditions” and jacked up prices to unscrupulous levels. Includes EvilBay who failed to spot and stop this activity on their platform.
- Critics; armchair variety who counter every move but offer little alternatives.
- Checks and tests
- Con artists who used the crisis to run on line scams, pose as NHS workers to get into supermarkets during the NHS hour.
- Clumsy communications bloggers who issued false statements on bogus cures just because they could or thought they had to.
- Concern, relatives who cannot visit sick relatives, NHS staff working all hours, volunteers helping the aged and infirm, people making the best of things. This is countered by the second home owners taking possible infection to remote locations, putting a strain on the local shops and NHS
- Crap camera angles and sound; remote news reporting that uses smart phones and computers with integral camera and tinny microphone so every is seen with shot up the nose or looking into the sun whilst talking down a well.